Let's look what we found
Search results for "gwanghwamun station"
Bugaksan Mountain is a 342-meter high granite mountain in the middle of Seoul and is home to Gyeongbokgung Palace and a Joseon Dynasty fortress. Its proximity to Cheongwadae, the presidential residence, saw the area closed to the public for 40 years due to security concerns.
But nowadays, we can freely hike this mountain if you register your ID at the starting point. We will start from Changuimun course and will get to enjoy the spectacular view of Seoul from the top.
But, there are more! Did you know that it was a route for North Korean spies? Something was done in the mountain during Japanese occupations? I would like to share all of these behind stories with you while enjoying the nature. Why don't you come and get different view of Seoul?
- Visitors must carry accepted form of identification (e.g. passport of Alien Registration Card issued from Republic of Korea)
- Duration: Walking about 1.5 hrs, Hiking about 2 hrs
- Difficulty : Intermediate
* What to bring
- Hiking shoes, comfortable clothes, bottle of water and adventures mind :)
Seoul city walking tour is designed for travelers who want to experience a variety of different local scenes using public transportation (taxi / subway / bus). You can choose any of the places in Seoul and I will be your private tour guide to explain the fun facts and historical stories behind each place we visit.
The itinerary is 100% up to you and I can recommend you many interesting places to explore in Seoul!
Village of traditional Korean houses and alleys at the west of “Gyeong-bok-gung Palace” (main royal palace of Joseon dynasty)
- See old book stores | motels | restaurants, boutique shops, art galleries, food streets, and valley!
- Visit “King Sejong Stone Plaque” where King Sejong (creator of Korean alphabet) was born.
* Recommend to eat:
- At “Tong-in Market”, make your own lunch box purchased with traditional coins.
- Try bread at a bakery that has delivered bread to “Blue House” (president residence) for 30 years.
Korea’s largest public open space with be-loved “King Sejong” (creator of Korean alphabet) and “Yi Sun-sin” (Naval commander who won victories against Japanese navy) sculptures, underground museum, and historical sites (market, well, and Korea’s 1st comic store).
- Take photos in the background of “Gyeong-bok-gung Palace” and mountains!
Modern public recreation stream with waterfall, fountains, and 22 bridges, replacing former transportation infrastructure since 2005
- Walk and say hello to many couples and families!
Walled compound of palace during Joseon dynasty until the annexation of Korea by Japan in 1910
The only palace with Western-style buildings
- See “Rotating Ceremony of Chief Gatekeeper”.
- Visit “Jeong-dong Jeil Church” (Korea’s 1st methodist church).
- Walk on the “Stone-wall Road” (filming spot), a couples’ favorite place.
Hae-bang-chon (liberation village) & I-tae-won
Oldest neighborhood with Korean and foreign atmospheres
Foreign commercial town with international restaurants, bars, and clubs
- Stop by Seoul’s oldest foreign book store & pottery shop and antique cafes!
- Visit Muslim mosque (experience Islamic worship), “Antique Furniture Street”, and “Vinyl & Plastic” (analog record shop)!
Learn Taekwondo in the land where it's from! We offer a program for 90 minutes, but also offer 2hrs, 3hrs program who want to do the Korean traditional martial arts - Taekwondo in Korea with a Korean master. We have 3 types of experience tour program for visiting our center.
Details of experience -
Putting uniforms on and Tie of belt-Stretching-Basic movements-Self-defense-Breaking a pine-Ceremony for Certificate
Meeting of Mokdong station of 5line, Exit 5gate/pickup service to our center
Please inform of meeting time each other before coming.
Our location -
Towel if you need to it. Uniform size(Ex, size-M or...),English full name for certificate.
Are you sick of package trip just for taking pictures? In a day, more than hundreds of tourists visit Mt.Seorak but they cannot experience real hiking because the tour program only is organized for taking a walk a little bit and taking pictures.
I feel sorry about that because you should hike to see & experince real beauty of Mt.Seorak.
That's why I want to open this tour.
I worked near Mt.seorak before, so I know about the courses well and I also can customize whichever courses you want to hike. (Normally, we will hike Ulsanbawi Rock course which is representative place of Mt.Seorak.)
As I mentioned before, I am ski instructor & tour guide, so I am good at managing outdoor activities and certified in first aid.
I will pick you up at Seoul, drive you to Mt.Seorak, hike together and drive you back to Seoul. ( Literally, we may say it is A to Z tour.)
Be more active! Get more special experience!
Are you interested in ski tour? But Europe is too far and Japan is inconvenient for casual trip.
Then, skiing at Korea can be good option!
I and my team JSKI are professional ski instructors and we have been teaching more than 5,000 tourists every year.
The tour I will give you is PRIVATE SKI LESSON, which is quite different with other ski agents in Korea.
Lesson fee is 220$ for 2 hours and the maximum number of group is 4 persons for good quality of lesson.
If the number of your group is more than 4, we can discuss and hire more instructors, so don't worry about that and just contact me :)
Please contact me and try to learn ski at Korea !
2-hour lesson & 4-hour lesson
- Safety rules, Etiquette
- How to put on & off your ski gears
- How to move on a flat surface
- How to fall and get up safely
- Basic stance (sliding - slowing down - stopping)
- How to take the ski lift safely
- How to change direction (basic wedge turn)
*For 4-hour lesson only*
- Break time (eat, drink or practice on your own)
- How to do S-shape turn
- How to control turning speed
We'll have healthy and fun EDM party on a rooftop, seeing the skyline of Seoul. We'll start by learning EDM Yoga Flight: you'll do dance, yoga, and functional fitness along with EDM a cool DJ has mixed. We will end up with a freestyle dance party where you can express yourself to music. After the workout, we'll chill listening my favorite EDM songs with trendy Korean drinks. I'll show you how young Koreans party, and I'll teach you some Korean drinking games you can do anywhere.
Hope after you joined my experience, more interested in Korean cooking and Korean culture :) We'll begin with a visit to a local market that's not known by many tourists. We'll look at the Korean ingredients and buy vegetables, and we'll walk around so you can see what the locals buy and sell in the market. After this, we'll visit a traditional Korean house and you'll learn to cook three kinds of genuine Korean foods and to make Kimchi.( after class you will bring a small package of Kimchi what you made)
Monday, Wednesday & Friday
Heamul pajeon - Seafood pancake with spring onion.
Bibimbab - Mixed rice what is one of the traditional and famous Korean food.
Bukumi - Korean crepes with nuts (for dessert).
Tuesday & Saturday
Japche - sweet and savory dish of stir-fried glass noodles and vegetables.
Jeyuk bokeum - Spicy stir-fried pork and vegetables.
Bukumi - Korean crepes with nuts (for dessert).
Thursday & Sunday
Kimchi jeon - Kimchi pancake
Bulgogi - stir-fried beef with soy sauce
Bukumi - Korean crepes with nuts (for dessert)
So you know the song, Gangnam Style. Now we’ll dig a little deeper into the meaning and explore what is Korean society and Korean pop culture today. We will answer all the questions that are wandering your mind as we hit the streets of Gangnam. Why are Samsung phones so expensive here? Why aren’t there any garbage cans in Korea?? Did she get plastic surgery???
We will take you on a tour of Korea that gives you an inside look at modern culture and glimpse into the future.
We’ll take you to all the places where trends are taking place on the peninsula. We’ll then stop by all the famous entertainment agencies to stalk your favorite celebrities. We will finally stop by the corporate headquarters of Samsung and take a look into what they believe the future home will look like. Get ready! SMTown, K-Star Road, you name it. We'll go!
Currently the DMZ is closed, so we've discovered an alternate course for people who really want to see the DMZ. It's definitely becoming more and more one of the hottest places to see in Korea. It's been in hot demand ever since presidential summits taking place there. But since the JSA area is shut down there for renovation (or was that reunification?), we are introducing new place to see in replacement of that. The DMZ is always a fascinating place to see as it consistently transforms itself as a symbol of the Korean War to a beacon for peace and hope.
The DMZ, or the Demilitarized Zone is a 247 KM border that divides the Korean peninsula into North and South Korea. That being said, where one section of the DMZ closes, another part is open for viewing into North Korea. We will trek all along the DMZ until we find an opening, so doing the tour one day could be totally different from then next. We will try to start out by going through the Military Checkpoint and go up to the Dorasan Observatory to look into the city of Kaesong in North Korea. It is also the ancient capital of Korea during the Goryeo Dynasty from 918AD to 1392AD. We will also go underneath the DMZ through a tunnel that was dug up by the North Koreans during the height of the tensions. It would have been used to plot another surprise attack on the South Korean had it not been told to us by a North Korean defector. When we discovered them, the North Koreans retreated and painted the walls black, saying they were looking for coal.
The new additions to the tour in lieu of JSA are the trekking course up Gamak Mountain to see a view over a suspension bridge and take a ride on a traditional Korean boat called a Hangpo. This boat takes us along the Imjingak River which flows from North Korea and out into the Yellow Sea. Again, itinerary is subject to change due to actions taking place on the ground and with the UN. Should JSA open up, you will be sure that will be the first place we try.
This is taking you through the indie rock scene of Hongdae. Tons of clubs that you would never notice and just walk by on your trip to the Hongdae area of Seoul. I'll take you to 3 cool places where some of my favorite indie bands play.
Showing around the bar streets, clubs, be friends with local people, Night food tour.
and introducing any type of night culture, art, music, scenes by your preference.
Hillside Village Museum
Exhibition of 1960-70s’ hillside village (fee: 1,000 won, about USD 1)
Bae-da-ri Used Bookstore Street
- See 7 bookstores (TV drama “The Lonely & Great God–Goblin” filming spot), old days mural streets, and handicraft shops.
Sin-po Traditional Market
- Try stir-fried chicken, spicy rice cake, and bi-bim-bap (mixed rice)!
Korea’s 1st westernized park with “MacArthur” sculpture (American general who saved Incheon & Seoul through “Battle of Incheon”)
- Visit “Je-mul-po Club” (museum of foreign social club), “100th Anniversary of Korea-U.S. Diplomatic Relations Memorial Tower”, and Korean war student soldier’s monument.
- Watch 1900s’ Chinese restaurants, bakeries, and cafes in the biggest Chinatown in Korea!
- See “Sam-guk-ji” (Chinese romance of 3 kingdoms in 1400s) mural street.
* Recommend to eat: Ja-jang-myeon (Korean-style Chinese noodle with sauce made of diced pork & vegetables) + Tang-su-yuk (Korean style Chinese meat with sweet & sour sauce)
Songwol-dong Fairy Tale Village
Fairy tale village with characters in “Snow White”, “Cinderella”, “The Wonderful Wizard of OZ”, etc & alleys decorated with 10 themes
- Fasten memorable locks at “Love Key Zone” wire netting and take photos with characters!
Wolmi Sea Train
Monorail running around "Wolmi island" covering 6.1km and taking 40 minutes. (fee: 8,000 won, about USD 7)
- Watch sea, ports, Incheon bridge, and world largest mural from 18 meters high view.
- Take lifetime photos at each station photo zone!
Enjoy seaside roads, street festivals, cafes, and amusement parks!
* Recommend to eat: diverse seafood & hand-made chopped noodles near beach