Let's look what we found
Search results for "gyeongbokgung"
You will see everything you need to all packed into 1 day. The minimum tour hour is 7 hours a day, but can be as long as 12 hours a day. The Seoul Highlight Tour can be arranged for a two-day tour on request.
$250 for 8 hours / $350 for 12 hours or
a van tour $350 for 8 hours / $450 for 12 hours
*The time to start the tour is subject to change depending on the location of the hotel you will stay in Seoul.
★ Clients are welcome to make any suggestions to make the tour short by skipping a few destinations. Customized tour can be arranged on request.
Seoul, capital of Korea, is filled with things to see and enjoy. It is a fascinating city to visit in any season of the year, but you can make your trip even more fulfilling by visiting certain attractions at certain times of the day. The travel course suggested in this article consists of some of the must-visit spots for international visitors traveling in Seoul. Read on to find out more for our recommended two-day itinerary to guide you around Seoul’s most noteworthy attractions from morning to night.
Seochon & Tongin Market
Traditional village and market at the west of “Gyeongbokgung Palace” (a main royal palace of Joseon dynasty, 1392 AD – 1910 AD)
- See old book stores, motels, and boutique shops!
Plaza with with “King Sejong” (a Korean alphabet creator) and “Yi Sun-sin” (a navy commander who won victories against Japanese navy) sculptures, underground museum, and Korea’s 1st comic store.
- Take photos in the background of “Gyeongbokgung Palace” and
Modern stream with waterfall, fountains, and 22 bridges, replacing former transport infrastructure
- Walk and say hello to couples & families!
Walled compound of palace during Joseon dynasty until the merger of Korea by Japan in 1910 (fee: 1,000 won, about 1 USD per person)
Only palace with Western-style buildings
- See “Rotating Ceremony of Chief Gatekeeper” (showing gatekeepers'
controlling gate and checking passersby)!
- Walk on the “Stone-wall Road” (a couples’ favorite place and filming
- Drop by old/new city halls.
- Visit “Jeong-dong Jeil Church” (a Korea’s 1st methodist church).
Foreign commercial town with international restaurants, bars, and clubs
- Stop by Seoul’s oldest foreign book store, pottery shop, and cafe!
- Visit Muslim mosque, “Antique Furniture Street”, and “Vinyl &
Plastic” (an analog record shop)!
• Recommend to eat in Seochon:
- In Tongin Market, make your own lunch box purchased
with traditional coins.
- In Hyoja Bakery, try bread delivered to “Blue House” (a president
residence) for 30 years.
Best way to start a trip in Korea is right here. By the end of the first hour, you’ll get your money’s worth just with the sheer knowledge we share with you about Korea and the Korean people. We don’t just push you from place to place. We give you great explanations about what you are looking at and offer up a lot of context. Start bright and early in the morning and we’ll go around the central Seoul area for the day. Most of Seoul’s heritage tour sites are in this area so it’s a great place to kickstart your stay here in Korea. We’ll start and finish at City Hall Station. We’ll see the ultra modern side of Seoul as well as Seoul when it was the ancient capital of the Joseon Dynasty (1392AD – 1910AD). An excellent way to see where this country came from, what it’s been through and where its going.
** This tour includes Tour-guiding, Driving, and Photo-shooting service. There are 2 ways to make up your tour with me as shown bellow **
1. Customized Itinerary on your needs : I will be happy to provide you the possible plans for you. Please tell me your needs or specific conditions that I can refer to.
- easy / busy
- more focus on photo taking / your own time in the good cafe
- have problems for too much walk / fit enough to walk a lot
2. Choose attractions from the given options : This tour is designed to be 10 hours journey. After I get your priorities, I will provide you the best plan as possible.
(1) Nami Island : Known as one of the best sites in Korea to take photos, this theme park provides you nice walks along the beautiful trees, river, and drama sites.
(2) Pettie France : Theme Park of an old styled village in France. You can enjoy traditional culture of France and take fancy pictures here.
(3) Garden of Morning Calm : : A Great Scale of Beautiful Garden designed by a professor specialized in Botanic. In winter, this garden opens Light Festival.
(4) Rail Bike : Cycling on the rail way. It is 4 wheeled so no need to worry about falling down. This rail goes through some of the most beautiful natural sceneries in this region.
(5) Strawberry Picking(November ~ May) : You can pick the fresh strawberries in the farm.
(6) Elysian Ski Resort(December ~ February) : Ski with a licensed ski instructor or just see the snow briefly and take photos
(7) Dumulmeori river view : This river view is actually so popular for local Koreans and has been filmed in dramas and movies.
(8) Alpaca World($30 extra charge due to a long distance) : Let's play with Alpacas!!
(9) Seoul City Tour : Tourists usually choose to go to Gyeongbokgung palace, Bukchon Hanok Village, Insadong Traditional District, or N-Seoul Tower,
Bugaksan Mountain is a 342-meter high granite mountain in the middle of Seoul and is home to Gyeongbokgung Palace and a Joseon Dynasty fortress. Its proximity to Cheongwadae, the presidential residence, saw the area closed to the public for 40 years due to security concerns.
But nowadays, we can freely hike this mountain if you register your ID at the starting point. We will start from Changuimun course and will get to enjoy the spectacular view of Seoul from the top.
But, there are more! Did you know that it was a route for North Korean spies? Something was done in the mountain during Japanese occupations? I would like to share all of these behind stories with you while enjoying the nature. Why don't you come and get different view of Seoul?
- Visitors must carry accepted form of identification (e.g. passport of Alien Registration Card issued from Republic of Korea)
- Duration: Walking about 1.5 hrs, Hiking about 2 hrs
- Difficulty : Intermediate
* What to bring
- Hiking shoes, comfortable clothes, bottle of water and adventures mind :)
In this tour, we will explore and enjoy the highlights of Seoul city in which the ancient and modern culture coexist in harmony. You will go through Gyeongbokgung royal palace, Bukchon traditional house village, Insadong district full of traditional crafts and souvenirs, Jogyesa Buddhist temple, and Seoul Tower to look around Seoul city with a wonderful panoramic view!!