Starting from your hotel in Seoul, we will have approximately 3 hours-drive to the Eastern side of Korea, where you can enjoy a beautiful mountain and sea. These places are called Mt. Seorak & East Sea.
(1) Mt. Seorak : Mt. Seorak has been known as one of the most beautiful mountains in Korea. From its irregular shapes with rocky landscapes all over the mountain range, this mountain is said to have 1,000 aspects of beauty. Therefore it is also called as a 'Gorgeous Lady' mountain. Because of its beauty and the preservation of the endangered species, this mountain is registered as one of the representative national parks in Korea, and also as UNESCO's Biosphere Reserve.
In this place, you can enjoy the beautiful mountain views by hiking, or riding a cable car. The route for the cable car is out of the hiking trails, so you can enjoy different aspects of beauty of Mt. Seorak. Also you can check out a big Buddha statue of Shinheungsa temple, and can go for Dojang, which is the only taoist temple in Korea that accepts outsiders in.
(2) East Sea : This sea is located on the point that cold & hot currents meet in harmony, therefor, has abundant amount of seafood. It has also good reputation for the clean water and enjoyable places. Around this sea, you can go for the beach, Sea Garden cafe, a beautiful pavilion at the sea, Light-house on the hill for great view, beautiful temple by the sea, fishery port, and central market.
(How You Can Enjoy This Tour)
1. Customized Itinerary on your needs : If you tell me what kind of tour you would want, I will be happy to provide you the possible plans for you. The bellow are some of the examples that you can express me your needs.
- easy / busy
- more tours in mountain / sea / temple / sea port / market
- hiking / not much walk / spend time in cafe with organic tea or nice ocean view
- more focus on photo taking / spending your own time /
- prefer foody tour / time is more important than quality of food
2. You can customize your tour from the given options : As listed bellow, there are many activities you can participate in. Please feel free to name any of them, and we will go for it!! (This tour is designed to be 12 hours journey. After I get your priorities, I will provide you the best plan as possible.)
(1) Going up Mt. Seorak by Cable Car for the great view (if you want to enjoy the view without too much effort, this is the right option)
(2) Hiking in Mt. Seorak(Actually this mountain is very popular for the hikers)
(3) Buddhist Temple : Shinheungsa(good for accessibility because it is in Mt.Seorak park), Naksansa(beautiful temple by sea, but need to drive for additional distance)
(4) Sokcho Beach
(5) Sokcho Light House on the hill (you can see some nice view from the house, but you should go up the stairways to reach this house)
(6) Yeonggeumjeong Pavilion (beautiful pavilion at the sea. one of nice photo zones)
(7) Central Market( you can get some street food & seafood products. This place is very popular for the most famous fried chicken in Korea)
(8) Fishery Port : Dongmyeong(seaport for locals. you can get seafood in reasonable price), Daepo(tourist sea port. good for photo)
(9) Sea Garden(beautiful organic bakery&cafe by beach. it has a nice view of the beach)
(10) Geumgangsan Dojang(the only taoist temple which accept non-believers in. very calm and mysterious place)
(11) Nami Island ($70 additional fee for a longer drive)
(12) Making it 2 days (please contact your tour guide for info)