6-hour walking tour of traditional village | market | palace, modern plaza & re-creation stream, and foreign town ($150 up to 10 people, additionally $25 per guest)
Seochon & Tongin Traditional Market
Village of traditional Korean houses and alleys at the west of “Gyeongbokgung Palace” (main royal palace of Joseon dynasty, 1392AD – 1910AD)
- See old book stores & motels, boutique shops, and traditional market!
Korea’s largest square with “King Sejong” (Korean alphabet creator) and “Yi Sun-sin” (Navy commander who won victories against Japanese navy) sculptures, underground museum, and Korea’s 1st comic store.
- Take photos in the background of “Gyeongbokgung Palace” and great
Modern re-creation stream with waterfall, fountains, and 22 bridges, replacing former transportation infrastructure since 2005
- Walk and say hello to couples & families!
Walled compound of palace during Joseon dynasty until the merger of Korea by Japan in 1910 (fee: 1,000 won, about 1 USD per person)
Only palace with Western-style buildings
- See “Rotating Ceremony of Chief Gatekeeper”!
- Walk on the “Stone-wall Road”, a couples’ favorite place and filming
- Drop by old/new city halls.
- Visit “Jeong-dong Jeil Church” (Korea’s 1st methodist church).
Foreign commercial town with international restaurants, bars, and clubs
- Stop by Seoul’s oldest foreign book store, pottery shop, and antique
- Visit Muslim mosque (let's experience Islamic worship), “Antique
Furniture Street”, and “Vinyl & Plastic” (analog record shop)!
• Recommend to eat in Seochon:
In Tongin Traditional Market, make your own lunch box purchased
with traditional coins.
In Hyoja Bakery, try bread delivered to “Blue House” (president
residence) for 30 years.
• Propose customized tours.
• Itinerary change (price will change relatively), time schedule, and
number of clients are flexible.
• Give you tips on how best to spend your time in Korea.